Today, as I was picking up my rental car, I noticed there were several maintenance warnings flashing on the dashboard: “Warning, Change Your Oil” & “Warning, Change Your Filter”. I had a quick debate in my head, as to whether I should inquire if this car was safe, or if I should get a new one. I then decided I really didn’t care about being caught in a fiery car crash. Which prompted me to think, “What do I care about?” Below is the list of things I care about:
Things I Care About
- Shark Week– is awesome. Every summer, one life-changing week of terror, amazement and sheer brilliance, in the shape of the oldest creature on the face of the earth (I just made that up—I think it’s actually crocs): SHARKS!
- In a moment of inspiration in the shower, I came up with the topic for this blog. Very excited to begin writing, I hopped out of the shower and onto my computer, not even bothering to get dressed. Seeing as I’m currently writing, while wrapped in a head towel turban and body towel, I would say I care about this blog.
- *Deep Thought*: My FUTURE.
- All those purchases I made on chainlove, bonktown and steepandcheap making it safe and sound to my apartment.
- Bear Grills making it across that river, on that skinny little branch. You can do it Bear! Just ask your camera crew for a helping hand.
- Amy Winehouse’s death. She should have gone to rehab.
- The U.S. reaching a balanced budget to raise the debt ceiling. Oh wait, I changed the channel from Obama’s address to the nation, to watch Bear Grills struggle across that skinny little branch. Scratch this one.
- I haven’t played handball in…3 months? ish.
- It is 3 wall handball (no back wall, and no ceiling). I have never, not once, played 3-wall handball.
- The name of the tournament is “World Professional Handball Tournament” and there is no novice division. Slightly worrisome.