This has been a very productive weekend. My credit card and travel accounts have been busy. I’ve been on a booking frenzy. Let’s go over things I have booked/bought in the last 48 hours:
- Roundtrip airfare to Honolulu, Hawaii for October 14-22.
- Registration for a triathlon in Hawaii.
- Bicycle rental for the San Francisco MS150 September 16-17th.
- Hotel for San Francisco (thanks, Whitney!).
- Roundtrip airfare to Las Vegas for a handball tournament, September 23rd-25th.
- Cycling shoes.
Not so bad, right?
Well, let’s now go over the prep I’ve done for these events.
- Triathlon in Hawaii– It is unclear where my swimsuit is. I’ve come to the conclusion it is in St Louis. Also, do I need to buy a special triathlon suit? Next thing to add to my buying list: a book on how to train for a triathlon (do I even need to train? It is a sprint, so short race)
- San Francisco MS150– I looked at my road bike yesterday. Both tires were flat. It’s been that long since I’ve ridden. But, I did get new cycling shoes, so step one is accomplished!
- Handball Tournament in Vegas– This one’s the best. As I debated signing up for this in my last blog, you already know the issues here. To summarize: it’s a 3-wall handball tournament. I’ve never played 3 wall handball. It’s called the World Professional Handball Tournament. I haven’t played handball in about 3 months. It’s 5 days after my 180 mile bike ride in San Francisco. It’s cool.