Dear Faithful Follower(s),
Do not fear, I have not abandoned my blog. Rather, I have been very busy doing very important things. These things include, but are not limited to,
1. Reading The Hunger Games trilogy. I’m not usually into sci-fi (and by not usually, I mean never. I dislike sci-fi), but these books are fantabulously entertaining. It’s 1984 esque, but much, much better. Here’s the synopsis:
“Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying ﬁght to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.
Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
WINNING WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS. LOSING MEANS CERTAIN DEATH. ”
–I just got word this is being made into a movie!! Oh. my. god. Excitement.
2. Restraining myself from buying skis, snowboards, Oakley ski goggles, and other snowy paraphernalia. Remember those two websites that pop-up with a new biking/athletic gear deal every 30 minutes? Well, I found two more similar websites, and these ones have transitioned to winter sports gear. I’m. in. trouble. I almost bought a pair of skis. I live in Texas.
3. Planning vacations. This is my speciality. Here is what I have booked recently:
- First weekend in December: Ski trip in Beaver Creek, CO.
- Third weekend in December: Ski trip in Whistler, Canada.
- Second weekend in September: California for MS150.
- Third weekend in September: Vegas for handball tournament (anyone want to come?!).
- First week of October: Austin.
- Second & Third weekend in October: Hawaii (I know, life is rough).
- First weekend in November: Home to El Paso.
- Second weekend in November: Philly (holla at Steph, my faithful (and lone) WordPress subscriber!).
- First & third weekend in Dec: Ski trips.
- “Clever girl” (gets eaten by dinosaur).
- “Are the dinosaurs contained? “Yes, unless they figure out how to open doors!” (dinosaur opens door to kitchen the kids are hiding in. Cue terror on girl’s face).