After a successful trip to Yellowstone last fall, the ‘ol Sense Corp gang Kaptrow Viddilus met up for the 2nd annual National Park trip that starts with a Y by taking the minivan to Yosemite, arguably one of the most beautiful parks (with the most challenging climbs) in the US.
The highlights, with an emphasis on pics vs. words:
- The 8am to 8pm, 16.4 mile hike to Half-Dome. Singing “This is the trail that never ends” all along the way.
- Conquering Half Dome
- Taking a picture of the wrong girl at the Top of Half Dome. Went a little something like this:
- Many, many peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
- Meeting the girls who were hiking the 221 mile John Muir trail from Half Dome to Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the continental US…with backpacks weighing 50% of their weight.
- Coming across this rainbow:
- A bear scurrying past us on the trail!
- Making very significant progress on the 5th book of Game of Thrones. From 46% done in 8 months to 60% in 3 days!
- Blazing our own trail on Upper Yosemite Falls. This involved a run in with a snake and sending a boulder tumbling down the mountainside, which then sent us scurrying back to the trail.
- Frolicking at the top of the waterfall, in very cold mountain water.
- Meeting our Polish/German friends on the way down and spontaneously adventuring to a swinging bridge with them.
We are currently scouting national parks that begin with a Y for the 3rd annual Kaptrow Viddilus adventure. Spoiler alert: Alaska.