Okay, maybe it hasn’t been 10 years since I last blogged, but it sure feels like the chain needs some greasing.
I’ve refrained from blogging because I don’t want to send you into an unintentional nap. Because these have been my latest and greatest adventures:
- Binge watching Orange Is The New Black…and Breaking Bad (all 5 seasons).
- Discovering the Google Mobile Library has DVDs….and subsequently that I don’t have a DVD player or a cd rom in my laptop.
- Losing my cell phone and buying a new phone…then dropping the new phone and fixing it…then swimming with the fixed phone and re-fixing the fix…then realizing high end phones are too delicate and there is a reason I am not an early adopter.
- Learning how to kite-board; this one would be exciting but let me be clear: I haven’t technically done this in the water yet. Technically, I am just learning how to fly a big kite. But I have high aspirations to get in the bay.
- Spending a lot of time putting on sweaters, then taking them off, then putting them on, then taking them off….life in the Bay area.
- Starting a project, then stopping it, then starting another, then stopping it, then re-starting the first project…life at Google.
- Hustlin’, hustlin’ hustlin’ during the very slow-paced Q3…life in Sales.
- Getting a Nexus 7 tablet and promptly putting it in my drawer. Seriously, what is the point of a tablet when I have a laptop and a fancy phone that is a mirror image of the tablet? Once again, clearly not an early adopter.
- Being really confused by my 401k…I don’t understand it. I just don’t.
- Oscillating between my desire to get a faux hawk or grow butt length hair again. Whichever haircut gets the most votes via blog comments will be put into action.
- Sing for Supper: The hostess cooks a home-made meal and all the participants have to sing (or any kind of perform) for their supper. Neat idea that made me sweat just thinking about it. However, it was a wonderfully eclectic and open minded group of people who performed everything from singing to ukelele to guitar to stand up comedy to an EDM light show. As for me, I told the story from that one time I sneaked onto a commercial airplane in Indonesia…
However, I do have one very exciting adventure on the horizon:
- African safari to see the Big 5 (lion, African elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard, and rhino) and white shark cage diving, in November! Get excited for an epic blog to follow.