Beware of Baboons. If there is one thing I have learned from my 2 days in Cape Town, South Africa, that would be it.
Other things I have learned, while cruising through Cape Town, Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point:
- How to drive stick…while driving on the opposite side of the road…while in a foreign country.
- Amanda plans to do a lot of things “next time”.
- “Oh, it’s such a bummer we don’t have time for that hike!” “Next time!”
- “I wish we were staying in that mansion on the beach.” “Next time!”
- I’m skittish around animals making sharp movements.
- A bird literally stole my lunch right out of my hands. Not only did I let the bird do it, I jumped up and smacked my knee into a metal pole.
- A baboon walked up behind me. I freaked out.
- A newt moved quickly. I freaked out.
- …should be an interesting safari
- Nikki learned that safari we paid hundreds of dollars for is actually a 4 day safari and not just one day! Happy times!
- We all learned we had no idea what our trip was really about. Is it a 4 day safari or a 3 day safari? Are we shark diving tomorrow or next week? Wait, did we rent a car? What DAY IS IT?!
- Africa is beautiful
We did rent a car and tomorrow we plan to pet some cheetahs, drink some wine (maybe at the same time…#livingontheedge) and further explore South Africa. Then, we go diving with great white sharks and head to Johannesburg for a 4 day safari to spot Africa’s Big 5: leopards, elephants, lions, buffalo, and rhino.