After a week visiting our newly launched vendor site in Sao Paulo, Brazil, my work partner in crime Leah and I decide to end our trip with a quick weekend in Rio de Janeiro.
I haven’t slept in ~40 hours, so this is going be a simple blog while I attempt to not go to bed at 6pm.
- Meeting up with Brazilian Google friends and meeting the lovely vendor team!
- Seeing that Christ thing
- Cutting a line hundreds deep by pretending I belonged with a French tour group, to see that Christ thing
- Playing beach volleyball on a warm sunny day in Rio, when forecast called for rain!
- Visiting the place songs are made of
- Beating the game of Tinder! Rio, done and done.
- Waiting in a line.
- Not understanding anything my volleyball partner was saying, and wanting to yell at him for not setting balls, but having no idea how to say that in Portuguese.
- Generally not understanding anything anyone was saying.
- Taking great selfies but failing to catch the background
- International flight home with no individual screens. I sat down on that 10 hour flight and could only think one thing “This is going to be a long flight”
- The selection for the shared screen was the Muppets Movie…why oh why
For all the things we didn’t get to….next time!